* configure updates after libtool.m4 update, & my paranoia...
@ 2003-04-28 20:41 cgd
From: cgd @ 2003-04-28 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils, aoliva

Alex,

While testing the binutils 2.14 branch, i noticed your commit

[ toplevel ]
2003-04-11  Alexandre Oliva  <aoliva@redhat.com>

        * libtool.m4 (lt_cv_deplibs_check_method): Use pass_all on mips*.
        * */configure: Rebuilt.

However, AFAICT, */configure weren't rebuilt, at least for values of
'*' that include the binutils-related subdirs.  8-)

In particular, I don't see this rebuild in gas/configure,
bfd/configure, ld/configure, or binutils/configure...  (those were the
only ones I checked.  8-)

Shouldn't those have been regen'd at the same time?

(i always sanity check my regenerated configure diffs, because, well,
i don't really trust my local copy of autoconf very much...  that's
how i noticed.)

chris

* Re: configure updates after libtool.m4 update, & my paranoia...
@ 2003-04-28 21:59 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2003-04-28 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgd; +Cc: binutils

On Apr 28, 2003, cgd@broadcom.com wrote:

> 2003-04-11  Alexandre Oliva  <aoliva@redhat.com>

>         * libtool.m4 (lt_cv_deplibs_check_method): Use pass_all on mips*.
>         * */configure: Rebuilt.

> Shouldn't those have been regen'd at the same time?

Not necessarily.  In fact, in my e-mail, I explicitly said I wasn't
rebuilding all of the configure scripts, since there was no immediate
reason to do so.

> (i always sanity check my regenerated configure diffs, because, well,
> i don't really trust my local copy of autoconf very much...  that's
> how i noticed.)

Sorry, I hadn't realized this could have been an issue.  In general I
do trust my local copy of autoconf :-) :-)