* fx_offset Population
@ 2001-08-30 13:03 Tracy Kuhrt
From: Tracy Kuhrt @ 2001-08-30 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

In working on testing a new port, I found a problem...

In fix_new_internal, the fx_offset member of the fixP structure is
populated with the offset, which is the value from the expressionS
structure's'X_add_number.  The problem...

X_add_number is an offsetT (which in the end is a signed value).
fx_offset is a valueT (which in the end is an unsigned value).
When setting fx_offset to X_add_number, X_add_number is converted from a
signed value to an unsigned value.  So in my test case, I have the
expression . - 65536.  When the fixup is created -65536 is converted to
an unsigned 4294901760.

What would be the harm of changing fx_offset to be an offsetT?

Tracy