* GAS: support for .previous in the i386 win32 target
@ 2001-06-05  3:56 Dmitry Timoshkov
From: Dmitry Timoshkov @ 2001-06-05  3:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Hello all.

Is there any reason that there is no support for section
stack manipulation directives in the GAS i386 win32 target?

Are there plans to add support for them (namely .previous)?

Thanks in advance for any clarifications.
--
Dmitry.

* Re: GAS: support for .previous in the i386 win32 target
@ 2001-06-05 11:31 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2001-06-05 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry Timoshkov; +Cc: binutils

"Dmitry Timoshkov" <dmitry@baikal.ru> writes:

> Is there any reason that there is no support for section
> stack manipulation directives in the GAS i386 win32 target?

The general rule of thumb on targets for which the main assembler is
supplied by the vendor is to add pseudo-ops used by the vendor's
assembler.  I suppose win32 is sort of a special case, since the MS
assembler is quite different from gas.

> Are there plans to add support for them (namely .previous)?

I doubt it, but if you write a patch yourself and send it in, somebody
would probably apply it.

Ian