Hi there, The make_distcheck_test_suite_step uses a logfiles= keyword arg, which in turn uses inotify (presumably) to watch a file for a logfile creatd on it, and to collect info from it. To my awareness, this has not failed Sourceware yet - however, it is a fragile mechanism. DejaGnu provides a way for the directory in which log and sum files are stored to be altered, see --outdir in https://www.gnu.org/software/dejagnu/manual/Invoking-runtest.html This variable is modifiable both through flags passed to runtest and via Tcl, see https://gnu.org/s/dejagnu/manual/Command-line-option-variables.html To test this, I made an adjustment to my ~/.dejagnurc, and ran the GNU poke testsuite: $ cat ~/.dejagnurc set outdir "/tmp/outtest" $ make -j17 distcheck ... This, indeed, resulted in a poke.log and poke.sum in the /tmp/outtest directory. I believe we should replace the inotify-based mechanism with this method of redirecting logs. What do you think? And, apologies about the lack of patch - I won't be free for any involved effort at least until the weekend. Thanks in advance, have a lovely night. -- Arsen Arsenović