public inbox for bunsen@sourceware.org
* Proposing Sourceware as SFC member project
@ 2022-08-30 18:41 Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2022-08-30 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bunsen

Hi!

If you have an interest in the long term future of the sourceware
hosting server which this project is using, please consider checking
out this thread on our local overseers@ mailing list.  Everything is
fine, we're just thinking ahead.

https://sourceware.org/pipermail/overseers/2022q3/018802.html

Chris Faylor <cgf@sourceware.org>
Frank Eigler <fche@sourceware.org>
Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org>

* Sourceware accepted as SFC member project
@ 2022-09-08 22:49 ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2022-09-08 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bunsen

Hi,

We are very grateful for the public replies and suggestions received
to our proposal, which were all very positive. And we are happy to
report that the SFC's Evaluations Committee has voted to accept
Sourceware as a Conservancy member project. If people are interested
in, or want to help out with, the next steps they are invited to join
the sourceware overseers list.

https://sourceware.org/pipermail/overseers/2022q3/018834.html

Thanks,

Chris Faylor <cgf@sourceware.org>
Frank Eigler <fche@sourceware.org>
Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org>

* Sourceware infrastructure presentation and community Q&A
@ 2022-11-15 21:34   ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2022-11-15 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bunsen

This Friday, 18 November, at 16:00 UTC (11:00am Eastern, 17:00 Central
European Time) the FSF will host a session on their BBB server about
the current sourceware infrastructure and future plans.

https://www.fsf.org/events/sourceware-infrastructure-a-presentation-and-community-q-a
https://inbox.sourceware.org/overseers/6e9cde97-d880-5343-6cfd-16a648cf67f6@fsf.org/

We like to discuss how to use the new infrastructure setup this last
year, builder, try/ci/full buildbots, bunsen testsuite analysis,
patchwork patch tracking, handling patches/email with public-inbox,
b4, the sourcehut mirror. And the future of Sourceware as a Software
Freedom Conservancy member project. (*)

This presentation is for everybody who likes to discuss (and wants to
help with) automating the infrastructure to make contributing to our
projects more fun and more productive.

(*) Similar to the BoF we intended to do at the Cauldron this year:
https://gnu.wildebeest.org/~mark/sourceware/presentation.html

* Re: Sourceware infrastructure presentation and community Q&A
@ 2022-12-31 22:53     ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2022-12-31 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bunsen

On Tue, Nov 15, 2022 at 10:34:26PM +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> https://www.fsf.org/events/sourceware-infrastructure-a-presentation-and-community-q-a
> https://inbox.sourceware.org/overseers/6e9cde97-d880-5343-6cfd-16a648cf67f6@fsf.org/
>
> We like to discuss how to use the new infrastructure setup this last
> year, builder, try/ci/full buildbots, bunsen testsuite analysis,
> patchwork patch tracking, handling patches/email with public-inbox,
> b4, the sourcehut mirror. And the future of Sourceware as a Software
> Freedom Conservancy member project. (*)

Thanks to everybody who could attend last month.  For those who
couldn't the html slides and markdown sources with the presenter notes
are here:
https://gnu.wildebeest.org/blog/mjw/2022/11/20/new-services-for-sourceware-sfc-fsf/
And a (video) recording is here:
https://media.libreplanet.org/u/libreplanet/m/sourceware-infrastructure-a-presentation-and-community-q-a/

We hope to have answered all questions, but if we missed anything, or
you want to help with the infrastructure please contact us at the
overseers mailinglist or file a sourceware infrastucture bug:
https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?component=Infrastructure&product=sourceware

Next year Sourceware will be 25 years. Happy new year!

(*) The Software Freedom Conservancy is currently running a fundraiser:
    https://sfconservancy.org/sustainer/#YearInReview