public inbox for bunsen@sourceware.org
From: Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com>
To: bunsen@sourceware.org
Subject: Unusual test_outcome_map keys
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2021 12:35:56 -0700	[thread overview]

Hi,

While working on fixing up the gdb.sum parser, I've encountered
`test_outcome_map', defined in common/parse_dejagnu.py.

This is defined:

test_outcome_map = {'PASS':'PASS', 'XPASS':'XPASS', 'IPASS':'IPASS',
                    'FAIL':'FAIL', 'KFAIL':'KFAIL', 'XFAIL':'XFAIL',
                    'ERROR: tcl error sourcing':'ERROR',
                    'UNTESTED':'UNTESTED', 'UNSUPPORTED':'UNSUPPORTED',
                    'UNRESOLVED':'UNRESOLVED'}

Can you fill me in on these two unusual keys?

IPASS: This is not a standard DejaGNU test result. Is this supposed
  to be KPASS (which is missing from the map)?

ERROR: tcl error sourcing: That's a pretty unusual definition of
  ERROR. Was this added in order to specifically catch Tcl errors?
  What about "normal" errors?

What's the preferred method for adding members to this map?

In GDB, we have a special "DUPLICATE" outcome, and right now my plan
is to simply add definitions for this (and any other additions) to our
own gdb.parse_dejagnu_sum function, e.g.,

    test_outcome_map['DUPLICATE'] = 'DUPLICATE'

I'm not a huge fan of modifying global data like this, but since
Bunsen doesn't run over multiple tools at the same time, this shouldn't
be an issue.

Keith