Hi Joshua, On Tue, 2019-07-09 at 10:00 -0500, Joshua Watt wrote: > On 7/5/19 3:38 AM, Mark Wielaard wrote: > > There is another Windows specific patch which we haven't applied yet > > to the 1.0.x branch because we don't have Windows builders/testers. > > > > It is the attached patch from Phil Ross (CCed) to use _stati64 instead > > of _stat to support large >4GB files on Windows. > > > > If you could test the above works on your setups that would be > > appreciated. Do we need any checks to see whether _stati64 is > > available? Or can it be used unconditionally as in this patch? > > The patch compiles without issues using msvc 18.0 (Visual Studio 2013) > and 64-bit MinGW gcc 7.3.0. 'make test' passes also. Thanks for the extra testing. Lets apply this patch then. It would be good to be able to handle large files on Windows too. > The "patch in a patch" format was a little confusing at first :) Oops, sorry, I wanted to make sure I cherry-picked the original patch from Phil, but in doing so, I got the patch-in-patch variant. I applied the straight diff one (as attached) so that the source matches what was applied on the 1.1.x branch. BTW. I don't know much about windows, and I assume it doesn't ship with bash. But maybe you could take a peek at the bzip2-tests repository and see if you could somehow make that work on Windows? https://sourceware.org/git/bzip2-tests.git Cheers, Mark