public inbox for c++-embedded@sourceware.org
* Reg Linking .dll file in cygwin
@ 2008-05-26 15:02 Mani kandan
From: Mani kandan @ 2008-05-26 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi
I am porting an linux based application to Windows. My
application uses a third party library (having an sybase
dynamic library .dll file).I can able to compile and link my code in
cygwin using g++. But when i run the exe, i got the error msg that
"STATUS ACCESS VIOLATION".

I have doubt that is there any way to convert .dll file to .a file.
Becase I suspect that the .dll file is the problem??.

* Re: Reg Linking .dll file in cygwin
@ 2008-05-26 16:47 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2008-05-26 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, cygwin-apps, c++-embedded, Mani kandan, cygwin-developers

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 08:31:43PM +0530, Mani kandan wrote:
>I am porting an linux based application to Windows. My
>application uses a third party library (having an sybase
>dynamic library .dll file).I can able to compile and link my code in
>cygwin using g++. But when i run the exe, i got the error msg that
>"STATUS ACCESS VIOLATION".
>
>I have doubt that is there any way to convert .dll file to .a file.
>Becase I suspect that the .dll file is the problem??.

You have managed to spam three inappropriate mailing lists and one
nonexistent email address.  The cygwin mailing list is the only
appropriate forum for your question.

Please don't do that again or your ability to send email to this site
will be revoked.