public inbox for cgen@sourceware.org
* No code for 0-operand extracts?
@ 2000-12-04  4:45 Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2000-12-04  4:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CGEN

CGEN's generation of extraction code includes supporting variables for
extracting operands even for instructions with no operands.  This makes GCC
go crazy at high warning levels.  Is it easy to skip this if the instruction
has no operands?

Ben

* No code for 0-operand extracts?
@ 2000-12-04 10:43 ` Doug Evans
From: Doug Evans @ 2000-12-04 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Elliston; +Cc: CGEN

Ben Elliston writes:
 > CGEN's generation of extraction code includes supporting variables for
 > extracting operands even for instructions with no operands.  This makes GCC
 > go crazy at high warning levels.  Is it easy to skip this if the instruction
 > has no operands?

You'll have to be more specific.

[one might infer this is the `attribute unused' aversion that has
been bantered about]

* Re: No code for 0-operand extracts?
@ 2000-12-04 16:20   ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2000-12-04 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Evans; +Cc: CGEN

   You'll have to be more specific.

Sorry -- I realise now that I was a bit vague.

   [one might infer this is the `attribute unused' aversion that has
   been bantered about]

In extract_sfmt_break (which is a typical instruction which has no
operands), CGEN includes the following:

    CGEN_INSN_INT insn = entire_insn;

This is never used by the extraction routine.

Ben