public inbox for cgen@sourceware.org
* Committed rtl.scm change
@ 2001-01-08 10:47 Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2001-01-08 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgen

Hi -

I just committed a change to rtl.scm that improves the semantic tracing
messages emitted by the simulators.  For the parallel-write case, real
nasty operand names like "h-vr--add-DFLT-const-8--mul-etc-ad-infinitum"
were generated for storage (which is fine) and printed for tracing (not
fine).  Now, only the underlying hardware element is printed ("vr"),
plus the index (if any).

I'd like to make the same change to ordinary operand-setting trace messages
too.  In specific, for an operand associated with a hardware element, I'd
like to see the hardware name in the semantic trace, not the operand name.
Later, I guess.

- FChE
--

* Re: Committed rtl.scm change
@ 2001-01-08 14:51 ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2001-01-08 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: cgen

   I'd like to make the same change to ordinary operand-setting trace
   messages too.  In specific, for an operand associated with a hardware
   element, I'd like to see the hardware name in the semantic trace, not
   the operand name. Later, I guess.

Will that include the index for hardware vectors?  It would be *so* much
more useful to see:

	h-gr[0] <- 0x10

.. than `gr <-'.

Ben

* Re: Committed rtl.scm change
@ 2001-01-08 20:04   ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2001-01-08 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Elliston; +Cc: cgen

Hi -

:
: Will that include the index for hardware vectors?  It would be *so* much
: more useful to see:
: 	h-gr[0] <- 0x10
: .. than `gr <-'.

That's true -- the trace generator in sid.scm already does that.
See -op-gen-set-trace's call to (send op 'get-index-mode).
The sim.scm one doesn't.

By the way, something is not quite right with this rtl.scm patch, or its
upcoming cousin in operand.scm.  (It's interfering with sim profiling-fn
generation.)  I intend to fix this very shortly, or else back it out
tomorrow.

- FChE