Hi - On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 04:46:42PM +0200, Michael Chapman wrote: > I have just started out to experiment with cgen. Welcome! > I have instructions which are 16 and 32 bits long. > The assembler generates the right instructions with > the right lengths. [...] The choice of parameters in the define-isa clause is crucial for variable-length instruction sets. If any of your 32-bit instructions contain any fixed bit patterns in the second 16 bits, you need to set "base-insn-bitsize 32", since opcodes/simulators will need to fetch 32 bits to uniquely identify a cgen-level instruction. Setting that to 16 could explain what you're seeing. - FChE