Hi - On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 12:32:22PM +0000, æ± ç¿ wrote: > What tools based on CGEN are provided now? I have tried SID but I found at > last that maybe it's not useful on my work. Are there any more tools based > on CGEN? Take some time to look over the opcodes/ part of binutils. That's the area where CGEN-generated assembler/disassembler kernels are put. The CGEN modules that do that work are all already in the cgen/*.scm files. > [...] > Now my work is to find a way to simulator new CPUs.I have tried SID, but > seems to add a new CPU in it is too hard for me:firstly, it needs to > modify some files which is machine-generated, No, machine-generated files should be left alone. > secondly, before the > simulation, I need a toolchain to generate the .x file [...] > it means to a lot of work! It is not a simulator's job to create the executables you want to run on it. You need a toolchain, one way or another. CGEN can help generate the kernels of various associated tools, but there is still a considerable amount of work involved in porting, say, gcc, gdb, and even the more minor programs. - FChE