public inbox for cgen@sourceware.org
* git mirror of cvs?
@ 2011-02-16  0:54 Nathan Froyd
From: Nathan Froyd @ 2011-02-16  0:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgen

I asked Jim Meyering about setting up a git mirror of the CVS repository
and he asked what the maintainers thought...WDYT?

-Nathan

* Re: git mirror of cvs?
@ 2011-02-16  1:00 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2011-02-16  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Froyd; +Cc: cgen

Hi -

> I asked Jim Meyering about setting up a git mirror of the CVS repository
> and he asked what the maintainers thought...WDYT?

The complication is that cgen currently shares a cvs repository with
gdb, binutils, and some other packages.  People haven't figured out
how to slice & dice that effete /cvs/src into vivacious git repos.

- FChE

* Re: git mirror of cvs?
@ 2011-02-16  1:03   ` Nathan Froyd
From: Nathan Froyd @ 2011-02-16  1:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: cgen

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 07:59:58PM -0500, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> > I asked Jim Meyering about setting up a git mirror of the CVS repository
> > and he asked what the maintainers thought...WDYT?
>
> The complication is that cgen currently shares a cvs repository with
> gdb, binutils, and some other packages.  People haven't figured out
> how to slice & dice that effete /cvs/src into vivacious git repos.

Sure.  A wholesale conversion is rather messy.  But gdb and binutils, at
least, already have their own git mirrors on sourceware...would it be
that hard to do the same for cgen?  Or, maybe it is non-trivial, but is
anybody particularly opposed to the idea?

-Nathan