On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 7:18 PM, Jim Blandy wrote: > CGEN was designed for risc-like architectures, with few instruction > sizes. CISC architectures are difficult to incorporate. I don't think it's that ... Anyway, I think the following is simple enough that I'll just put it in the public domain. It allows me to use perl in the .cpu file - well, in the file that the .cpu file is generated from (or, for that matter, in any other text file). One needs to escape characters that are special in perl strings - mainly dollar. Application looks as follows: (... normal cgen stuff ...) ! for my $i (@list) { ! for my $j (@otherlist) { (... normal cgen stuff, with vatiables $i and $j ...) ! } ! } (... normal cgen stuff ...) and then domac.pl xxx.cpu.in xxx.cpu Script attached.