public inbox for cgen@sourceware.org
* cpu directory?
@ 2000-12-04 15:45 Eric Christopher
From: Eric Christopher @ 2000-12-04 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgen

So, since we're getting more and more ports using cgen all the time
(from inside and outside Red Hat), how would people like to create a cpu
directory to put all the files into?  This would clean up the tree
dramatically and be much more orderly.

I can do it, but having never swapped files around using cvs perhaps
someone else would want to...

Any opinions on the subject?

-eric

* Re: cpu directory?
@ 2000-12-04 16:42 ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2000-12-04 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Christopher; +Cc: cgen

   So, since we're getting more and more ports using cgen all the time
   (from inside and outside Red Hat), how would people like to create a
   cpu directory to put all the files into?  This would clean up the tree
   dramatically and be much more orderly.

I agree!  Some time ago, I created a "cpu" subdirectory to our internal cgen
tree, but just never got the time to do the work.

   Any opinions on the subject?

You've got my support. :-)

Ben

* Re: cpu directory?
@ 2000-12-05  0:21   ` Eric Christopher
From: Eric Christopher @ 2000-12-05  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Elliston; +Cc: cgen

>    Any opinions on the subject?
>
> You've got my support. :-)

Yay!  Any objections then?  I'll write up something quick tomorrow.  If
I don't hear anything.

-eric

* Re: cpu directory?
@ 2000-12-05  0:27     ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2000-12-05  0:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Christopher; +Cc: cgen

   Yay!  Any objections then?  I'll write up something quick tomorrow.
   If I don't hear anything.

a) Don't forget to update the .cpu and .opc dependencies in all opcodes
   and sim Makefiles.

b) Don't forget to make sure cgen looks in this directory for .opc files,
   too.

Ben