On 22 Dec 2023 11:55, Jose E. Marchesi wrote: > > The use of /* fall through */ with consective case statements doesn't > > really add any value, and when generating large files, can take up a > > lot of space. In the case of cris, it alone adds ~20k, or ~10%. > > I am a little concern this change may trigger implicit-fallthrough > warnings when compiling the generated code. Not sure this is a problem > in practice though, since nor binutils nor sim uses > -Wimplicit-fallthrough for building as far as I can see. pretty sure compilers don't warn about consecutive case statements that don't have any non-case code inbetween. so we're talking about: case 11: case 12: case 13: case 14: itype = CRISV10F_INSN_ADDOQ; goto extract_sfmt_addoq; since this is a very common scenario, compilers accept it without warning. if you did something like: case 13: printf(""); case 14: itype = CRISV10F_INSN_ADDOQ; goto extract_sfmt_addoq; then it'd warn. i'm actually enabling -Wimplicit-fallthrough in sim now and none of these trigger warnings. -mike