* crosstool-ng mingw windows cross build?
@ 2009-04-23  6:07 Roland Schwarz
From: Roland Schwarz @ 2009-04-23  6:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc; +Cc: Yann E. MORIN

Hi,

first I want to thank Yann Morin for doing this great work!

Even noobs in cross building like me can suceed using the scripts.

Currently windows cross builds are not supported (as I understood
it). But on march 2009 the mingw folks released an "official" cross
build script on the website (sourceforge).

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435&package_id=12644

Would it be feasible to incorporate those scripts into the
crosstool-ng suite?

Regards,
Roland

* Re: crosstool-ng mingw windows cross build?
@ 2009-04-23 21:56 ` Yann E. MORIN
From: Yann E. MORIN @ 2009-04-23 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roland Schwarz; +Cc: crossgcc

Hello Roland!
Hello all!

On Thursday 23 April 2009 08:07:12 Roland Schwarz wrote:
> first I want to thank Yann Morin for doing this great work!
> Even noobs in cross building like me can suceed using the scripts.

Cheers! :-)

> Currently windows cross builds are not supported (as I understood
> it). But on march 2009 the mingw folks released an "official" cross
> build script on the website (sourceforge).
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435&package_id=12644
> Would it be feasible to incorporate those scripts into the
> crosstool-ng suite?

That would be nice, indeed. I've looked at the build script mentioned
above, and they do not seem to be using dirty tricks to build their
toolchain. The only obscure point so far is that they're using a quite
old gcc version: 3.4.5, with some patches, it seems.

As I don't do Windows (or only very rarely), that's not high on my todo
list, but I may eventually get to it. Patches welcome to speed up the
inclusion! :-)

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |