* Finding include directories in the sysroot
@ 2013-05-20 18:38 Stephen Kelly
From: Stephen Kelly @ 2013-05-20 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

Hi there,

I have a rootfs which has Qt installed in /usr. So for example, qobject.h
exists at /usr/include/QtCore/qobject.h.

My rootfs is at ~/rpi/rasp-pi-rootfs.

I invoke

  arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++-4.7 --sysroot=/home/stephen/rpi/rasp-pi-rootfs \
   -I/usr/include/QtCore  -v -c myfile.cpp

and I see this:

  ignoring nonexistent directory "/usr/include/QtCore"
  #include "..." search starts here:
  #include <...> search starts here:
  /usr/lib/gcc-cross/arm-linux-gnueabihf/4.7/include
  /usr/lib/gcc-cross/arm-linux-gnueabihf/4.7/include-fixed
  /usr/lib/gcc-cross/arm-linux-gnueabihf/4.7/../../../../arm-linux-
gnueabihf/include
  /home/stephen/rpi/rasp-pi-rootfs/usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf
  /home/stephen/rpi/rasp-pi-rootfs/usr/include
  End of search list.

So, it's not finding /usr/include/QtCore in my host root file system, and
it
is not looking in the sysroot I passed, as I expected. I also tried using
the -isysroot option, with a similar result.

Is my expectation incorrect? What can I really expect from the sysroot
option?

My goal is implementing proper sysroot handling for the cmake buildsystem
tool, so I need to understand how it is intended to work and what can be
expected of it.

Thanks,

Steve.