Hi, I've been having problems passing CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET to newlib-2.0 and 2.1 builds. Basically selecting optimising for space was overriding any other flags. This patch placed in crosstool-ng-1.20.0/patches/newlib/2.0.0/ and 2.1.0/ prevents the override, appending the space optimising flags to any existing settings. Tested compiling newlib-2.0.0 for ARM with crosstool-NG-1.20.0 and GNU Make 3.82. This is basically a bug in newlibs configuration code not crosstool-NG and I have reported this on their mailing list as well. -- Bob Dunlop