* Paid Support?
@ 2020-08-23  1:36 Chris Punches
From: Chris Punches @ 2020-08-23  1:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

Dear Crosstool-NG Community,

Please let me know if there is another venue to request this, but, I was
wondering if anyone at the crosstool-ng project were willing to provide paid
support to integrate crosstool-ng into the build process for a Linux
distribution that compiles itself?

Basically, I want to use crosstool-ng to build a cross-toolchain for at least
x86_64 targets in a docker container's /opt/xtools, and our automation would use
that to cross-compile all the pieces of a chroot at /opt/chroot until we have
enough to spit out a docker image and a bootable iso in a shared volume with the
docker host.  It is a "distro from source in a box" concept.  Will use libc.

Before you type it -- buildroot does not meet my objectives.  Unfortunately.

This is after months of struggling with the documentation for both binutils and
crosstool-ng.  The docs make this look pretty easy but I'm finding that the
tutorials and docs are not resulting in successful builds with rather ambiguous
blockers.

So, I figure it might be a good idea to see if this is something money can help
with so that we can get someone more knowledgable than I am providing input on
it.  Even if that paid support is paid training, fine, it's better than what
we've been trying to do up to this point on that project.  I'm open to ideas.

No one seems to know how this works outside of the gigantic brains that occupy
this mailing list.  I know this because I've asked every person on the planet
about it and can personally confirm. Every. Single. Person. :)

I am eager to move past this piece for a while so I can put more energy into the
distro itself.  If there is a better place to ask or find this kind of support I
am highly receptive to suggestions.

Earnestly,

Chris Punches
Owner