* OSE and the GNU tools?
@ 2000-05-18  6:20 Clayton, Mark
From: Clayton, Mark @ 2000-05-18  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

Hello,

Is anyone using gcc and friends with OSE on a PowerPC?
I need to use OSE on a FADS860/850 SAR board.  I'd rather
not have to use Greenhill or Diab, since I already use
gcc on Linux for a bulk of my development.

Thanks,
Mark
--
Mark Clayton                 mclayton@hjinc.com
Harris & Jeffries, Inc.	     http://www.hjinc.com

------

* Re: OSE and the GNU tools?
@ 2000-05-18 10:45 ` Peter Popov
From: Peter Popov @ 2000-05-18 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Clayton, Mark; +Cc: crossgcc

"Clayton, Mark" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is anyone using gcc and friends with OSE on a PowerPC?
> I need to use OSE on a FADS860/850 SAR board.  I'd rather
> not have to use Greenhill or Diab, since I already use
> gcc on Linux for a bulk of my development.

I'm not sure what OSE is, but I'm using the gnu toolchain for MPC850
(very similiar to MPC860) development (powerpc-eabi toolchain).  I'm
using gcc-2.95.2, newlib-1.8.2, and binutils-2.9.5.0.22. Make sure you
don't use binutils-2.9.5 because there's a serious linker bug which puts
multiple .bss variables at the same address.

The FADS860 board is buggy. Do *not* use it as a referrence hardware
design. They have left a number of pins floating, which should not be
floating.  The board works with certain cpu masks (thus, the one you'll
buy will work), but the same design won't work for you if you plan on
using the BDM port.

Pete

------

* Re: OSE and the GNU tools?
@ 2000-05-18 11:14   ` Daris Nevil
From: Daris Nevil @ 2000-05-18 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Popov; +Cc: Clayton, Mark, crossgcc

I have had success using gcc-2.95 and glibc 2.1.1 on a QuickStack
MPC850 based board.  My tool chain resides on an intel machine
with Redhad 6.2.

Daris Nevil
SiSIC Inc/SNMC
www.snmc.com

Peter Popov wrote:

> "Clayton, Mark" wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is anyone using gcc and friends with OSE on a PowerPC?
> > I need to use OSE on a FADS860/850 SAR board.  I'd rather
> > not have to use Greenhill or Diab, since I already use
> > gcc on Linux for a bulk of my development.
>
> I'm not sure what OSE is, but I'm using the gnu toolchain for MPC850
> (very similiar to MPC860) development (powerpc-eabi toolchain).  I'm
> using gcc-2.95.2, newlib-1.8.2, and binutils-2.9.5.0.22. Make sure you
> don't use binutils-2.9.5 because there's a serious linker bug which puts
> multiple .bss variables at the same address.
>
> The FADS860 board is buggy. Do *not* use it as a referrence hardware
> design. They have left a number of pins floating, which should not be
> floating.  The board works with certain cpu masks (thus, the one you'll
> buy will work), but the same design won't work for you if you plan on
> using the BDM port.
>
> Pete
>
> ------
> Want more information?  See the CrossGCC FAQ, http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/

------

* RE: OSE and the GNU tools?
@ 2000-11-09  5:38 Paul Gadd
From: Paul Gadd @ 2000-11-09  5:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

> > "Clayton, Mark" wrote:
>> >
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > Is anyone using gcc and friends with OSE on a PowerPC?
>> > I need to use OSE on a FADS860/850 SAR board.  I'd rather
>> > not have to use Greenhill or Diab, since I already use
>> > gcc on Linux for a bulk of my development.
>>
>> I'm not sure what OSE is, but I'm using the gnu toolchain for MPC850
>
>OSE is an RTOS from Enea (www.enea.com).  Currently, is compatible
>with Diab and Greenhills on the PowerPC and uses either Microsoft VC++
>or GNU for their soft kernel, a Windows NT simulator.
>
>I was hoping someone had already gone through the trouble to figure
>out how to build OSE with the GNU tool chain for a PowerPC target.

Mark,

my question is a little off the CrossGNU context (apologies) - but
follows on from the thread posted. I was surfing the net for mailing
lists related to OSE (rtos) by Enea, and this thread came up.

Are you aware of any mailing list for OSE by Enea? I have the task
of converting a software system currently running on Vxworks, to OSE
and the model we use seems to be undocumented in OSE manuals (which
personally I find quite unhelpful).

We purchased OSE 4.2 from Enea, and then Green Hill's compiler in order
to compile code for the Power PC Motorola MPC750 processor. I've got a
simple example up and running.

In addition if you are aware of any white papers, documentation on
developing OSE based systems, I'd be very grateful.

By the way, is it fairly easy to port over to Gnu rather than using
Green Hills?

Best regards,

Paul

------