* Re: Long Long Support for m68K targets
@ 2000-08-29 21:05 Michael Sokolov
From: Michael Sokolov @ 2000-08-29 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc, davidwilliams

David Williams <davidwilliams@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> Thanks for the pointer. Only two problems - where is configure.texi and how do I read
> it.

configure.texi is in the etc directory of the Cygnus tree. It should be present
in all recent GCC/Binutils/GDB releases and other tarballs put up for download
on sourceware mirrors.

Officially one is supposed to run .texi files through texinfo, but I personally
prefer to read them directly in a file viewer (that's vi for me personally).

If you are uncomfortable with this, Ian Lance Taylor, the author of
configure.texi, has a WWW version of it on his page:

http://www.airs.com/ian/

I hope this helps.

--
Michael Sokolov		Harhan Engineering Laboratory
Public Service Agent	International Free Computing Task Force

Phone: +1-214-824-7693 (Harhan Eng Lab office)
E-mail: msokolov@ivan.Harhan.ORG (ARPA TCP/SMTP) (UUCP coming soon)

------

* Re: Long Long Support for m68K targets
@ 2000-08-30 16:42 ` Russ.Shaw
From: Russ.Shaw @ 2000-08-30 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs; +Cc: crossgcc

When i install newlib-1.8.2, gcc, and binutils on a pc linux
system, where should configure.texi and porting.texi get installed?

@ 2000-08-30 17:11 Michael Sokolov
From: Michael Sokolov @ 2000-08-30 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc, russell

"Russ.Shaw" <russell@webaxs.net> wrote:

> When i install newlib-1.8.2, gcc, and binutils on a pc linux
> system, where should configure.texi and porting.texi get installed?

Nowhere. .texi files are not installed, they stay in the source tree. If you
have texinfo, you can do a make info to make .info files from them, which you
can then install with make install-info. But as I've said, I personally don't
do this because I prefer to read them directly with vi in the source tree. But
then of course I'm different from most other people. :-) I'm a regular
Cygnus/GNU toolchain developer and spend most of my time in the source tree, so
it's more convenient for me to read all the docs right there. But of course, I
don't expect this from others. :-)

--

@ 2000-08-29 20:53 David Williams
From: David Williams @ 2000-08-29 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Sokolov; +Cc: crossgcc

Thanks for the pointer. Only two problems - where is configure.texi and
how do I read
it. I am running cygwin environment and so not all UNIX tools work there
(although a lot
do). I have been using GCC for a couple of years (pre-built binaries of
course) and I
have used a limited amount of UNIX tools/programs during that time.

Dave.

Michael Sokolov wrote:

> If you haven't already, read configure.texi. I have found it very good.

------

* Re: Long Long Support for m68K targets
@ 2000-08-29 20:36 Michael Sokolov
From: Michael Sokolov @ 2000-08-29 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc, davidwilliams

       [not found] ` <39AC8823.ADA3D98E@ozemail.com.au>
@ 2000-08-29 20:17   ` David Williams
From: David Williams @ 2000-08-29 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

Hi All,

I want to be able to use printf with support for 64 bit integers. I am compiling
GCC 2.95.2 with newlib 1.8.2 under a cygwin 1.1.4 environment. The code seems to be
there in vfprintf.c, however it does not seem to be enabled when the library is
compiled. It relies on a macro variable WANT_PRINTF_LONG_LONG being defined. My
question is where or how should I define this variable. Searching through the
configure files I found some lines that suggest if the host defined is cygwin then
this variable will be defined. My host is cygwin however the code either doesnt
work or wasnt enabled when I tried to use it.

My script skills are practically non-existant (guessing mostly) so I would
apreciate some help on this one. There does not seem to be an easy way to approach
the configure/make system - its huge and complex - at least from where I am
starting!

TIA
Dave

------