* Re: Error: CC not set to working compiler
@ 2000-09-07  7:06 Michael Sokolov
From: Michael Sokolov @ 2000-09-07  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc, gcc-help, rakeshn; +Cc: gnuh8

RakeshN <rakeshn@kpit.com> wrote:

> CC must be set to working compiler.

In the Canadian cross scenario, before you build your host x target toolchain,
you must first build and install a build x host and a build x target toolchain.

> I searched for i586-cygwin32-gcc and found out the path for this gcc.=20
>
> I then set CC to that gcc and exported it.

No, this is the wrong way to do it. (It is the right way for GNU packages, but
not for the Cygnus tree.) Your i586-cygwin32-gcc must be in your PATH. The
Cygnus configure will set CC, CC_FOR_TARGET, and CC_FOR_BUILD correctly for
each module given correct --build, --host, and --target options. Don't try to
set them manually, in the Cygnus tree it's way too complicated!

--
Michael Sokolov		Harhan Engineering Laboratory
Public Service Agent	International Free Computing Task Force

Phone: +1-214-824-7693 (Harhan Eng Lab office)
E-mail: msokolov@ivan.Harhan.ORG (ARPA TCP/SMTP) (UUCP coming soon)

P.S. See /pub/embedded/cygnus-tree-intro on ivan.Harhan.ORG for more
information on the Cygnus tree.

------

* multiple targets
@ 2000-09-07 13:30 ` Greg Shubin
From: Greg Shubin @ 2000-09-07 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

I am hoping to use objcopy to achieve an elf-to-aout converter. I built binutils
for arm-elf and arm-aout, but neither one recognizes the other (i.e.
'arm-elf-objdump -i' doesn't list aout and 'arm-aout-objdump -i' doesn't list
elf).

Is it possible to build for both formats at the same time, and will it accomplish
what I want?

------

* RE: multiple targets
@ 2000-09-07 13:47   ` Joe deBlaquiere
From: Joe deBlaquiere @ 2000-09-07 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Greg Shubin', crossgcc

You should edit the file bfd/config.bfd and add aout_arm_big_vec OR
aout_arm_little_vec to the list of optional targets for the arm-*-elf rule.
The optional targets are specified via the targ_selvecs="... " line.

------

* Re: multiple targets
@ 2000-09-10 12:48     ` Kai Ruottu
From: Kai Ruottu @ 2000-09-10 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jadb; +Cc: 'Greg Shubin', crossgcc

Joe deBlaquiere wrote:

> You should edit the file bfd/config.bfd and add aout_arm_big_vec OR
> aout_arm_little_vec to the list of optional targets for the arm-*-elf rule.
> The optional targets are specified via the targ_selvecs="... " line.

 This shouldn't be necessary. Just using the well-known:

   --enable-targets=arm-elf,arm-aout

should provide the support for both... Perhaps the default target must
be mentioned (otherwise the host format will be that). So the:

   --target=arm-elf --enable-targets=arm-aout

or vice versa could be better...

Cheers, Kai

------