From: Kai Ruottu <kai.ruottu@luukku.com>
To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@redhat.com>
Cc: karuottu@freenet.hut.fi, munroe@csworks.com,
	crossgcc@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: Trying to build a cross compiler from linux to netbsd...
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 14:21:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> On Jan  3, 2001, Kai Ruottu <kai.ruottu@luukku.com> wrote:
>
> >  Doing like Sinuhe the Egyptian, I would ask "Why?"
>
> GCC needs the target headers to be able to compile anything for the
> target.  It's not just about fixing, it's about having declarations,
> macro definitions, etc, that are compatible with the actual C library
> of the target system.

 But why they must now be preinstalled into the 'sys-include', not into
the 'include' as done during the last ten or so years?  Are all the 1000
or more cross-compilers I have built during all these years used the wrong
directory for the target headers?

Cheers, Kai

------

WARNING: multiple messages have this Message-ID
From: Kai Ruottu <kai.ruottu@luukku.com>
To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@redhat.com>
Cc: karuottu@freenet.hut.fi, munroe@csworks.com,
	crossgcc@sourceware.cygnus.com