From: Joachim Nilsson <joachim.nilsson@vmlinux.org>
To: crossgcc@sourceware.org
Subject: crosstool-ng libncurses check in configure
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 14:31:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi!

I run Ubuntu, a Debian GNU/Linux derivative.  Debian has a policy about /bin/sh scripts that basically states that any such script be POSIX compatible.  To further complicate matters /bin/sh is by default /bin/dash (Debian Almquist SHell) and it is rather picky about its syntax.

With the new, very neat, configure check for libncurses the configure script no longer runs on Debian or Ubuntu default installations.  It seems to boil down to the use of variable expansion in the following line:

	lib="$( echo lib{ncursesw,ncurses,curses}.{so,a,dylib} )"

Is it possible we could change the configure script to use /bin/bash instead of /bin/sh?  I think that solution would be the best in the long run.

Regards
 /Joachim