On 23/01/12 19:25, Yann E. MORIN wrote: > > OK, -r is not even in POSIX, while -R is. Can you check that BSD's cp > does handle the -pR combination? If so, I'll chamge it. > Yes, it does support -pR, which is indeed the correct way to pass the recursive argument. > -v missing is not too problematic either. Its only use is to make the > progress bar rotate, so as to give the user some feedback that the > process is not hung. If we remove it, the progress bar will hang for > some time during very big copies, but if that's the price to pay... > Doesn't it also affect debugging output? > And no, BSD-likes are not the stuff I test on! ;-) > I would have bet that, but it's nice to have you work on that :) Thank you