* Re: CT-NG
       [not found] <tYQo1l00u0BUG1E01YQpzN>
@ 2013-06-29 18:28 ` Douglas Jerome
From: Douglas Jerome @ 2013-06-29 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

Yann,

I took a day off yesterday and went through the
CT-NG scripts and made additions to "export" the
target component source packages and patches.

After I work with it for a week or so and make
sure it is usable: would a CT-NG patch for this
be something of interest to you?

* CT-NG
@ 2013-06-27 20:24 djerome
From: djerome @ 2013-06-27 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

Hi Yann, all:

I maintain the ttylinux mini-distribution and I am
switching to use CT-NG and stop maintaining my own
crosstool chain builder. I've stopped working on the
ttylinux build system and I am making a more general
small Linux build system,
https://github.com/djerome/crosslinux

(Yeah, I know I should just use buildroot, but the
fun for me is in the doing.)

So, when I make the various ttylinux bootable
binary distributions available for download, I need
to (comply with the GPL) make the sources available,
so my ttylinux build system also makes an ISO image
of the source tarballs that comprise the binary
bootable ISO image.

My internal crosstool chain builder exported the
source tarballs and the applied patches and a
manifest (a grep-able text file) that lists the
tarballs and the URL from where they came. This
is only for the target parts that end up in the
tool-chain sysroot.

Is this a capability that you would accept in CT-NG?
Maybe as a patch to have the capability integrated, or
maybe a contrib script that figures it out from
the .config?

I kindof don't want to dig through the CT-NG scripts
to make such a patch, but having this automated would be
a big help.

* re: ct-ng
@ 2008-04-03  6:36 Yann E MORIN
From: Yann E MORIN @ 2008-04-03  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj, crossgcc

Hello Khem!
Hello all!

> Message du 02/04/08 20:46
> De : "Khem Raj" <kraj@mvista.com>
> A : yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr
> Copie à :
> Objet : ct-ng
>
> Today I was looking into ct-ng for first time. It looks you have
> sanitized crosstools well. I was able to build toolchain for arm with
> just one patch that needed update.
> Impressive work. Keep it up.

Thank you!
Work has stalled the last two month or so as I moved house and the new
one needs some (hard) work before it is fully 'operational'... Will resume
work on crosstool-NG later in April.

> One gdb patch that needed refreshing is attached. You might want to
> include it in your next release.

Thanks! Will apply in svn later this day.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.