Chris, > On Feb 22, 2016, at 7:55 PM, Chris Packham wrote: > > On 02/11/2016 10:43 AM, andrew@ncrmnt.org wrote: >> 10 февраля 2016 г., 23:32, "Chris Packham" написал: >>> Hi Bryan, Andrew, >>> >>> I see that there is some movement on packaging crosstool-NG for Debian. >>> This is relevant to my interests and I have subscribed to your mailing >>> list :). >>> >>> Is there an open Debian bug for this? I've found a few older ones but >>> they all seem to have timed out due to lack of interest. >> >> Hi, Chris. Unfortunately, I'm not a debian maintainer and there's no open bug >> for that in debian bugtracker. I've done the packaging for my own needs, >> since it was waaay faster than opening a bug ;). So unless you know some debian >> maintainers crosstool-ng won't land in debian repositories any time soon;) >> > > So in a fit of optimism I thought I'd give submission to debian a go. > Based on Andrew's work I've got packaging for the released 1.22.0 with > some patches I need for my own selfish needs. > > Andrew are you happy to be listed in the debian/control as the > maintainer or do you want me to put my name in there instead (or should > I put Bryan). I would say that Andrew is the one who submitted the debian/ directory. I already maintain the source, and I don’t always use any specific GNU/Linux distribution at any one time. (Although a long time debian user! ;) ) I’d rather keep a un-biased mindset about crosstool-ng, distribution wise, as some of what I work on is not for GNU/Linux at all (*BSD support, Mac OS X support, etc…) > I also notice that the tarball from github[1] has some unfortunate paths > in it, "crosstool-ng-crosstool-ng-1.22.0" which makes packaging it a bit > of a pain (1.21.0 also seems to have the same issue). You found the problem, you provide a patch. I have a ton of issues on my plate, and rarely still does anyone ever get around to reviewing my changes, even when I ask for it! > Is there any way we can get that fixed? I have re-generated the tarball > locally but if someone were to compare the md5sum of my tarball to the > one from github they might think something malicious was going on. > > Thanks, > Chris > -- > [1] - > https://github.com/crosstool-ng/crosstool-ng/archive/crosstool-ng-1.22.0.tar.gz Cheers, -Bryan