From: David Korn <dkorn@pixelpower.com>
To: crossgcc@sources.redhat.com
Subject: RE: Invalid Operands with Inline assembly
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 04:46:00 -0000	[thread overview]

>I am attempting to embed inline assembly into my C code but during the
>compilation, I keep getting the error "invalid operands for opcode".
>Here is one of my lines:
>
>asm("mov %r14, %r15");

  I've found (on PPC; it might apply to SH also) that you can't put a
space between the two operands. gas expects the entire operand list to
be in one field, the space acts as a separator, and it parses what you've
typed as

    mov %r14,

followed by a comment field that contains the text "%r15". So try again
without the space. What that other guy said about %-signs might matter too.

    DaveK
--
SEAL Team 6 World Trade Center Serbian Cocaine [Hello to all my fans
in domestic surveillance] cracking KGB nuclear arrangements CIA

------