* RE: Error building GCC for ARM-elf on Cygwin 1.1.6
@ 2001-01-08  1:52 David Korn
From: David Korn @ 2001-01-08  1:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jonathan Larmour'; +Cc: Renato Levy, crossgcc

  Mmm.  Alas, I checked over the weekend, and it turns out the copies
in sys-include have been properly converted; I must have already done it
manually.  So somehow they're getting converted back by fixincs, which is
odd, since it's all shell scripts and sed.  Have you got any other ideas?

       DaveK
--
The Boulder Pledge: "Under no circumstances will I ever purchase anything
offered to me as the result of an unsolicited email message. Nor will I

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com

* Re: Error building GCC for ARM-elf on Cygwin 1.1.6
@ 2001-01-08  3:44 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-01-08  3:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Korn; +Cc: Renato Levy, crossgcc

David Korn wrote:

> [...]

The only things I can suggest is to make sure /tmp is mounted in binary
mode. And also mount the directory somewhere else in binary mode. Just
because it's on a text-mode mounted directory now doesn't mean you can't
remount it in binary mode as well somewhere else.

Jifl
Un cheval, pas du glue. Pas du cheval, beaucoup du glue. || Opinions==mine

------

* Re: Error building GCC for ARM-elf on Cygwin 1.1.6
@ 2001-04-01  0:00   ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Korn; +Cc: Renato Levy, crossgcc

@ 2001-04-01  0:00 ` David Korn
From: David Korn @ 2001-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: David Korn @ 2001-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jonathan Larmour', Renato Levy; +Cc: crossgcc

   Hi there,

>> The build failed with the following error:

>> _muldi3
>> In file included from /src/gcc/gcc-2.95.
>> include/stddef.h:1: Invalid token in exp
>
>I can't be entirely sure since I haven't come across this before, but it
>may be a problem with CRLFs. What happens when you type "mount" at a cygwin
>bash prompt? Did you unpack the sources in the way the web page said?

   I get this all the time too.  I don't know why, since my target headers
lives on a textmode mount, and my build directory is mounted binary; I
guess the configure process copies them (from the directory indicated by
--with-headers= to the $prefix/$target/sys-include directory) in binary
mode in a way that bypasses the CRLF translation somehow.  Anyway, what
I do when I see this is

  pushd gcc/include
  find . -name \*.h -ls -exec dos2unix \{\} \;
  popd

and carry on with the build.  dos2unix is a shell script in /bin that says:

  #!/bin/sh
  tr -d '\015'

  Perhaps if I tried the find command in my sys-include directory that would
fix it, but I haven't been that bothered by it.

     hth,
        DaveK

From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Korn; +Cc: Renato Levy, crossgcc

@ 2001-04-01  0:00 ` Renato Levy
From: Renato Levy @ 2001-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

I have followed the instructions on
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/tools/win-arm-elf.html as close as I could
and everything went fine, until I tryied to build Gcc

(I'm running WINNT)

The build failed with the following error:

  /tmp/build/gcc/gcc/xgcc -B/tmp/build/g
f/bin/ -I/tools/H-i686-pc-cygwin/arm-elf
   -g -O2 -I./include  -Dinhibit_libc  -
D -Dinhibit_libc   -I. -I/src/gcc/gcc-2.
g -I/src/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/gcc/../include -
       /src/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/gcc/libgcc2.c
  if [ $? -eq 0 ] ; then true; else exit
  arm-elf-ar rc tmplibgcc2.a ${name}.o;
  rm -f ${name}.o; \
done
_muldi3
In file included from /src/gcc/gcc-2.95.
include/stddef.h:1: Invalid token in exp
make[3]: *** [libgcc2.a] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/build/g
make[2]: *** [stmp-multilib-sub] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/build/g
make[1]: *** [stmp-multilib] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/build/g
make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/tmp/build/gcc'

What have I done wrong. I've done once and again with the same error.

Renato Levy
Systems Analyst
Intelligent Automation, Inc.
7519 Standish Place, ste 200