* Newbie Question
@ 2000-07-06  7:09 henkel
From: henkel @ 2000-07-06  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

I'm new to the GCC world. Lots of good compilicated stuff.  I've been
reading the posts and FAQ's and trying to digest it all.

I think I know the answer to my question but I'm going to ask it anyway.

Is there a cross compiler that can be run on an NT Platform that produces
code for PPC 's (403/740/405) processors? If so can you point me in the
right direction to get started.

Thanks,

Dean

------

* Re: newbie question
@ 2005-12-21 21:45       ` Erik Leunissen
From: Erik Leunissen @ 2005-12-21 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

Dan Kegel wrote:
> http://people.redhat.com/mstefani/wine/
> describes how to build mingw as a cross compiler, I think.

Thanks for the pointer,

Erik.

> --
> Wine for Windows ISVs: http://kegel.com/wine/isv

------

* Re: newbie question
@ 2005-12-21 21:42     ` Dan Kegel
From: Dan Kegel @ 2005-12-21 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erik Leunissen; +Cc: crossgcc

@ 2005-12-21 21:42   ` Erik Leunissen
From: Erik Leunissen @ 2005-12-21 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Frysinger; +Cc: crossgcc

Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 10:07:56PM +0100, Erik Leunissen wrote:

Ah, hidden somewhere in the MINGW site, they do mention a cross compiler
and a download of a prebuilt toolchain. Appears to be version 3.2.3.

Wlll give that a try first.

Thanks,

Erik Leunissen

* Re: newbie question
@ 2005-12-21 21:29   ` Erik Leunissen
From: Erik Leunissen @ 2005-12-21 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

Mike Frysinger wrote:

> wouldnt it be easier to just download prebuilt toolchains from
> http://www.mingw.org/

If it had a *cross* compiler. Seems to be native win32 only.

Erik.

> -mike
>
> ------
> Want more information?  See the CrossGCC FAQ, http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/

------

* Re: newbie question
@ 2005-12-21 21:11 ` Dan Kegel
From: Dan Kegel @ 2005-12-21 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erik Leunissen; +Cc: crossgcc

On 12/21/05, Erik Leunissen <e.leunissen@hccnet.nl> wrote:
> Would crosstool be of any help for building a linux-x86 hosted cross-gcc
> + binutils targeted at win32(x86)?

For that you want mingw

------

* Re: newbie question
@ 2005-12-21 21:11 ` Mike Frysinger
From: Mike Frysinger @ 2005-12-21 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

@ 2005-12-21 21:08 Erik Leunissen
From: Erik Leunissen @ 2005-12-21 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

L.S.

@ 2005-04-27 13:50 ` Marius Groeger
From: Marius Groeger @ 2005-04-27 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Buday Gergely; +Cc: crosstool

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Buday Gergely wrote:

> My question is: why are these three steps necessary? Why do we need
> cross-compiled target-libc in order to compile the full compiler?

It is the C++ runtime environment (libstc++ etc) which contains
references to glibc.

HTH,
Marius

--
Marius Groeger <mgroeger@sysgo.com>
SYSGO AG                      Embedded and Real-Time Software

------

* newbie question
@ 2005-04-27 13:33 Buday Gergely
From: Buday Gergely @ 2005-04-27 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crosstool

Hi,

I've learned that the compilation of a cross-gcc toolchain involves
compiling a C cross-compiler, then cross-compiling libc and then compiling
the full C++ cross-compiler.

My question is: why are these three steps necessary? Why do we need
cross-compiled target-libc in order to compile the full compiler?

Thanks

- Gergely

------

* Newbie question
@ 2001-06-30  6:42 MEDBERRY, DAVID (A-Loveland, ex1)
From: MEDBERRY, DAVID (A-Loveland, ex1) @ 2001-06-30  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'crossgcc@sourceware.cygnus.com'

I am building a cross-compiler (hpux -> powerpc-linux).

I keep running into problems building glibc.

However, I have no troubles building a (i386-linux ->powerpc-linux) glibc.
Can I use this glibc in my hpux toolchain? If so, how do I go about doing
this?

I have been using bill gatliffs build script.

If I prefix both systems the same, say:

/opt/cross/powerpc-linux

(but on two different systems) what parts do I need to copy from the linux
system over to the hpux system so that I can then build a "final" gcc that
works?

-dave medberry

------