* Call For Participation: buildroot + crosstool-NG Developpers' Day
@ 2011-08-15 16:03 Yann E. MORIN
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Yann E. MORIN @ 2011-08-15 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot, crossgcc; +Cc: Peter Korsgaard, Thomas Petazzoni, yann.morin.1998

Hello All!

As was the case the two previous years, Buildroot developpers will be
meetting again for a full day, the day after ELC-E. This year however,
the developers' day extends to crosstool-NG developpers as well.

This will be the fifth Buildroot Developpers Day (two at ELC-E, and two
at FOSDEM). All previous editions were really interesting, and meeting IRL
really helped find interesting solutions to the many problems buildroot
addresses. Hopefully, this one will be as good as the previous ones, and
will be beneficial to both projects!

The meeting will take place in Prague, Czech Republic, October the 29th,
2011, the day after ELC-E 2011. The exact location is as yet unknown, but
we'll be sure to keep you informed when it is.

Here is a preliminary planning for the day (all local time):

- Morning: shared session, both projects together
  - 09:00 - 09:30
    - waking coffee
  - 09:30 - 12:00
    - tentative time-line to finalise the crosstool-NG backend
      integration in buildroot: what's in, what's left.
    - the shared problems: patchsets...
  - 12:00 - 13:00
    - lunch break

- Afternoon: separate sessions, each projects on their own;
  if needed, interaction is welcome nonetheless! :-)

  buildroot:
  - 13:00 - ..:..
    - the planning for the buildroot afternoon session will be
      sent at a later time

  crosstool-NG:
  - 13:00 - ..:..
    - state of the project
      - administrativa, ressources, code...
    - planning forward:
      - canadian rewrite, companion libraries, infrastructure...

- Evening: both projects reunited again, dinner, party! :-)

This will be an opportunity for the two communities to keep (and get) in
touch, share our experiences, know each others, and improve ourselves.

We are looking forward to meeting you in Prague for this developers' day!

Peter KORSGAARD, buildroot
Thomas PETAZZONI, buildroot
Yann E. MORIN, crosstool-NG

* Call For Participation: buildroot + crosstool-NG Developpers' Day
@ 2011-10-07 20:46 Yann E. MORIN
From: Yann E. MORIN @ 2011-10-07 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc, buildroot

Hello All!

This is a reminder to, well, remind you about the joint crosstool-NG
and buildroot developpers' day on October the 29th, 2011 (the day after
ELC-E and LinuxCon), in Prague, Czech Republic.

If you attend these conferences (and you definitely should!), and
happen to use either project, or are just curious, you are welcome
to join and discuss and influence the future for those projects!

The agenda is not final, but you can see a preliminary list of points
that will be addressed in the previous email [1]. Also, the exact
location should be announced shortly, but expect a place where one
can order coffee! :-)

We are looking forward to meeting you in Prague!

Peter KORSGAARD, buildroot.org
Thomas PETAZONNI, buildroot.org
Yann E. MORIN, crosstool-NG.org

[1] http://sourceware.org/ml/crossgcc/2011-08/msg00034.html