From: "Daniele Palmas" <Daniele.Palmas@telit.com>
To: "Khem Raj" <raj.khem@gmail.com>
Cc: "Yann E. MORIN" <yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr>,
	        <crossgcc@sourceware.org>
Subject: RE: "Disabling thread support in gdbserver" problem
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 07:58:00 -0000	[thread overview]

-----Original Message-----
From: Khem Raj [mailto:raj.khem@gmail.com]
Sent: lunedì 15 febbraio 2010 22.37
To: Daniele Palmas
Cc: Yann E. MORIN; crossgcc@sourceware.org

> It seems to me that you are trying to build static gdbserver with
> multi-threading support.
> you need to have static version of libthread_db installed for that in
> your <sysroot>/usr/lib
> and this should be same as the one the programs that you intend to
> debug will be linked against
> otherwise the multi-threaded debugging may not work well.
>
> If there are no restrictions to use shared libs then I would suggest
> that you compile gdbsever with
> shared library support. If not then you have to compile the static
> version of libthread_db (libthread_db.a) during libc build step.

My idea was to use shared library support. In crosstools-NG menuconfig I have checked the flag Operating System -> Build Shared Libraries.

Is this enough? If yes the problem has another reason or maybe there is a bug in the build system.

If not, could you suggest me which other options should I check for enabling shared library support? I cannot find any other reference in crosstools-NG menuconfig.

Thanks for your support,
Daniele