The .config and config.log are attached. (In .config, I use 4.6.2 for gcc trunk as workaround). In config.log, the final error is error: Link tests are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES In config.log, you can find lots of error: xgcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-EL' I compare gcc-4.6 and trunk configure. Seam gcc-4.6 has bugs. LDFLAGS_FOR_TARGET is always empty. gcc-4.6 can build. And from trunk's ChangeLog, you can find 2011-05-08 Doug Kwan * configure.ac: Propagate LDFLAGS_FOR_TARGET. I am not sure option '-EL' is the root cause. But without it, the trunk can build. Thanks! -Zhenqiang