* Programs missing or too old: python make bison
@ 2019-03-13 18:47 Fritz Reese
From: Fritz Reese @ 2019-03-13 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

Hello all,

I am hoping someone can set me straight here.

When attempting to build a cross-compiler toolchain, the configure
step for glibc finds my system versions of python, make, and bison too
old, and bails out. I am not surprised because I am aiming to build a
much newer kernel/glibc than I have on my build/host system.

However, I thought ct-ng would build these support tools for me (at
least make) and use the correct versions for the build. Am I mistaken,
or did I configure the build improperly? In either case how do I
control the version of make ct-ng is using to build? Can I tell it to
use the fancy new make it is already building for me, or do I need to
build make myself and set it first in my PATH?

Cheers,

Fritz

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-03-13 18:47 UTC | newest]