From: Davide Viti <zinosat@gmail.com>
To: crossgcc@sourceware.org
Subject: Compiling for old system
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 23:03:54 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,
I'm trying to create a toolchain targeting an old powerpc system running
kernel 2.6.18 and libc 2.5. The toolchain has to be used on a windows
machine.

I've tried different combinations on Linux and ctng 1.5.2 fits all my needs.
I've then tried to build the same on Windows, using cygwin, but compilation
fails at "Installing shared core C compiler" [1]
The config is available at [2]

The compilation process on cygwin is extremely slow: I've managed to enable
the experimental feature and restart the build from the last failure, but
it still i very slow, especially if compared with Linux builds: I've tried
to do a canadian cross, but it's too much for my newbie skills: if anyone
would be willing to give me some advices, It'd be great to do that!

thank you in advance

Davide

[1] https://pastebin.com/BBrFVt4e
[2] https://pastebin.com/jJmMzm9m