* Problems building crossgcc for PowerPC under CygWin
@ 2001-01-11  6:53 Johan Ekberg
From: Johan Ekberg @ 2001-01-11  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

I'm trying to build gcc for PowerPC under CygWin. The build and
installation
works fine but when I try to build my program with my new compiler I get
the
following message. Can anyone explain this for me?

> powerpc-unknown-elf-gcc -o test.o test.c
Assembler messages:
   for reading.open
: No such file or directory

/Johan E

Enea Realtime AB, Göteborg

Johan Ekberg
             Email
: joek@enea.se
M.Sc. C.S.E.
             Phone
: +46 31 760 60 25
Drakegatan 7
             Fax
: +46 31 335 86 70
SE-412 50 Göteborg       Mobile:
+46 709 71 47 01
SWEDEN
           URL
:
http://www.enea.se

* Re: Problems building crossgcc for PowerPC under CygWin
@ 2001-01-11  7:11 ` Mumit Khan
From: Mumit Khan @ 2001-01-11  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johan Ekberg; +Cc: crossgcc

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Johan Ekberg wrote:

> I'm trying to build gcc for PowerPC under CygWin. The build and installation
> works fine but when I try to build my program with my new compiler I get the
> following message. Can anyone explain this for me?
>
>  > powerpc-unknown-elf-gcc -o test.o test.c
> Assembler messages:
>     for reading.open
> : No such file or directory

I'd bet it's a text vs binary mount issue. Your specs file is probably
in DOS text format (\r\n line endings), but you're working in a binary
mount area. Either convert your specs file to use Unix style line endings
(\n) or make your mounts consistent.

Regards,
Mumit

------

* Problems building crossgcc for PowerPC under CygWin
@ 2001-04-01  0:00 ` Johan Ekberg
From: Johan Ekberg @ 2001-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

@ 2001-04-01  0:00   ` Mumit Khan