* GCC cross compiler
@ 2000-04-12 22:38 Michael George
From: Michael George @ 2000-04-12 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

Dear Sir,

can anyone please tell me how to install GCC as a cross compiler for
a hitachi i-586 embedded processor in a lego RCX kit running cygwin
under win95/98.  if you know can you tell me the cygwin command line to
configure the GCC files.

Thanks

Michael George

* Re: GCC cross compiler
@ 2000-04-13  7:27 ` John M. Mills
From: John M. Mills @ 2000-04-13  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael George; +Cc: crossgcc

Michael -

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Michael George wrote:

> can anyone please tell me how to install GCC as a cross compiler for
> a hitachi i-586 embedded processor in a lego RCX kit running cygwin
> under win95/98.  if you know can you tell me the cygwin command line to
> configure the GCC files.

I am not sure from the note exactly which combination you need, but I was
able to build an 'sh-elf' toolset based on 'egcs' snapshots by following
the instructions for building the toolset for Cygnus/RedHat 'eCos' for the
SH-3. I had to install a recent Cygwin environment (I used B20.1) and the
pre-built gcc-2.95.2 for pc-cygwin. Check in
< http://sourceware.cygnus.com > and
< ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/cygwin/gcc-2.95.2/ >

That setup will build Insight, too.

I am building under WinNT, and don't know about the requirements of
other MSWin environments.

   John Mills
   Sr. Software Engineer
   TGA Technologies, Inc.
   100 Pinnacle Way, Suite 140
   Norcross, GA 30071-3633
   e-mail: jmills@tga.com
   Phone: 770-441-2100 ext.124 (voice)
          770-449-7740 (FAX)

------

* Re: Gcc Cross compiler
@ 2002-04-01  0:00   ` William A. Gatliff
From: William A. Gatliff @ 2002-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Prateep Sarkar; +Cc: crossgcc

Prateep:

See my build scripts at http://billgatliff.com, under the crossgcc
link.  I've tested both targets under solaris 2.8, which will probably
be close enough.  I don't have access to a DEC box, so I don't know if
the script will run there or not.

One source of problems on Solaris: not having other needed tools like
GNU make and GNU sed.  You can get them from sunfreeware.com.  Sun's
standard make and sed don't seem to cut it.

b.g.

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 09:42:50PM +0500, Prateep Sarkar wrote:

> Hi!
> I am trying to generate a gcc cross compiler for the following targets :
> 1) m68k-elf
> 2) powerpc-eabi
>
> The compilers are required for the following host platforms:
> 1) Solaris 2.7
> 2) digital unix OSF4
>
> I have tried generation wih gcc-2.95.2 and gcc3.0.3 , but have not
> succeeded.
>
> I wanted to know as to how I can go about this job.
>
> regards,
> Prateep
>

> ------
> Want more information?  See the CrossGCC FAQ, http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/