* x86_64 cross-compiler
@ 2020-08-31  1:53 Chris Punches
From: Chris Punches @ 2020-08-31  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc maillist

Has anyone gotten an x86_64 cross-compiler successfully built with crosstool-ng?

If you did, would you mind providing your config?  The samples do not appear to
work for various reasons.

My intent is to build a cross-compilation toolchain to `/opt/cross-compiler`,
and then build a native (multilib) compiler toolchain at `/opt/compiler`.  From
there I'd like to use `/opt/compiler` to populate a chroot.

It sounds pretty simple, but, I could use some guidance as it is turning out to
be anything but.

-C

* Re: x86_64 cross-compiler
@ 2020-08-31  3:00 ` Chris Packham
From: Chris Packham @ 2020-08-31  3:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Punches, crossgcc maillist

On 31/08/20 1:53 pm, Chris Punches via crossgcc wrote:
> Has anyone gotten an x86_64 cross-compiler successfully built with crosstool-ng?
>
> If you did, would you mind providing your config?  The samples do not appear to
> work for various reasons.
>
> My intent is to build a cross-compilation toolchain to `/opt/cross-compiler`,
> and then build a native (multilib) compiler toolchain at `/opt/compiler`.  From
> there I'd like to use `/opt/compiler` to populate a chroot.
>
> It sounds pretty simple, but, I could use some guidance as it is turning out to
> be anything but.
>
> -C

x86_64-multilib-linux-uclibc is now built as part of the CI run

https://github.com/crosstool-ng/crosstool-ng/actions/runs/231044518

The config is included in the artifacts (it's just the sample with some
paths tweaked)

There will be a PR shortly that adds x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (again
pretty much the same as the sample).

> --

* Re: x86_64 cross-compiler
@ 2020-08-31  3:06   ` Chris Punches
From: Chris Punches @ 2020-08-31  3:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Packham, crossgcc maillist

Thank you.  Is there one using glibc that's confirmed?  Sorry I should've been
more specific.

-C

On Mon, 2020-08-31 at 03:00 +0000, Chris Packham wrote:
> On 31/08/20 1:53 pm, Chris Punches via crossgcc wrote:
> > Has anyone gotten an x86_64 cross-compiler successfully built with
> > crosstool-ng?
> >
> > If you did, would you mind providing your config?  The samples do not appear
> > work for various reasons.
> >
> > My intent is to build a cross-compilation toolchain to `/opt/cross-
> > compiler`,
> > and then build a native (multilib) compiler toolchain at
> > `/opt/compiler`.  From
> > there I'd like to use `/opt/compiler` to populate a chroot.
> >
> > It sounds pretty simple, but, I could use some guidance as it is turning out
> > be anything but.
> >
> > -C
>
> x86_64-multilib-linux-uclibc is now built as part of the CI run
>
> https://github.com/crosstool-ng/crosstool-ng/actions/runs/231044518
>
> The config is included in the artifacts (it's just the sample with some
> paths tweaked)
>
> There will be a PR shortly that adds x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (again
> pretty much the same as the sample).
>
> > --

* Re: x86_64 cross-compiler
@ 2020-08-31  3:35     ` Chris Packham
From: Chris Packham @ 2020-08-31  3:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Punches, crossgcc maillist

On 31/08/20 3:06 pm, Chris Punches wrote:
> Thank you.  Is there one using glibc that's confirmed?  Sorry I should've been
> more specific.

Yes that one appears to be working

https://github.com/cpackham/crosstool-ng/runs/1049183934?check_suite_focus=true