Hi, [sorry to break the thread, I'm not yet subscribed to the list] Marc Kleine-Budde wrote: >Dimitry Andric wrote: >> On 2010-03-31 23:25, Yann E. MORIN wrote: >>>> - make sure any extra dependencies, usually libgmp and/or libmpfr, >>>> *are* statically linked into the toolchain executables, since not >>>> everybody will have those as .so files on their system, or may have >>>> different, incompatible versions. >>> >>> Yes, and those *I* was not able to properly build statically (yet!)... >>> :-( >> >> For that, I use something like the attached patch, which should apply >> cleanly to gcc 4.3.3, but most likely also to later versions. > >Why bother to patch gcc. Just ./configure the mpfr and friends with >"--enable-static --disable-shared". Works like charm here. Yes, I just build a i486/GCC 4.4.3/uclibc 0.9.31 that way, see the attached patch. These is just a nasty hack to fix gcc link (ppl needs libstdc++, which is not used automatically when gcc is called ()). --enable-static was not needed in my case, but may solve the stdc++ crap... I'll give it a try. The reason I need that is to get rid of the wrapper logic which doesn't play nice on non GNU system. - Arnaud