* Fw:  Cerate shared library problem on Cygwin!
@ 2001-01-31 18:35 Cliff Tsai
From: Cliff Tsai @ 2001-01-31 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

Hi:

    I wanna create a simple shared library.I
used following two method.

    1. use libtool:
        $libtool gcc -c
hello.c  ->no any warning or error message
        $libtool gcc -rpath
/usr/local/lib -o libhello.la hello.lo
        libtool: link: warning:
undefined symbols not allowed in
        i586-pc-cygwin
shared library  -> is this OK?

     2. another method
        $gcc -fPIC -c
hello.c
        cc1.exe: warning: -fPIC
ignored for target(all code is position independent)

->Is this OK?

        $gcc -shared -o
hello.so hello.o
        cannot export
_bss_end__:symbol not defined.
         cannot
export _bss_start__:symbol not defined.
        cannot export
_data_end__:symbol not defined.
        cannot
export _data_start__:symbol not defined.
        collect2: ld
returned 1 exit status

    ->what do these mean,and how to solve the
problem?

         I've reference the doc-"AUTOBOOK" in
redhat website,but don't get any
        answer,do
any one know where to get more information about shared
library
        and dynamic
linker and loader?thanks!

* Re: Fw:  Cerate shared library problem on Cygwin!
@ 2001-02-01 13:19 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2001-02-01 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cliff Tsai; +Cc: crossgcc

On Feb  1, 2001, "Cliff Tsai" <clifftsai@minecard.com.tw> wrote:

>         $libtool gcc -c hello.c  ->no any warning or error message
>         $libtool gcc -rpath /usr/local/lib -o libhello.la hello.lo
>         libtool: link: warning: undefined symbols not allowed in

Add -no-undefined to the link command.

* Re: Fw:  Cerate shared library problem on Cygwin!
@ 2001-04-01  0:00   ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2001-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cliff Tsai; +Cc: crossgcc

@ 2001-04-01  0:00 ` Cliff Tsai