* Problem building gcc for arm
@ 2000-11-09  7:38 Igor Trevisan
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Igor Trevisan @ 2000-11-09  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

Hi,

I'm just following what I found in "How to configure, build, and install
GCC as a cross compiler" to build a cross-compiler for an arm-elf
target, with a i686-pc-linux host.
Configuring, building and installing binutils doesn't give me any
problem, but building gcc end with the following error:

/bin/sh: arm-elf-ar: command not found
_divsi3
/bin/sh: arm-elf-ar: command not found
_umodsi3
/bin/sh: arm-elf-ar: command not found
_modsi3
/bin/sh: arm-elf-ar: command not found
_dvmd_tls
/bin/sh: arm-elf-ar: command not found
rm -f libgcc1.S
mv tmplibgcc1.a libgcc1-asm.a
mv: tmplibgcc1.a: File o directory inesistente
make[1]: *** [libgcc1-asm.a] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/mygccsrc/tmp-gcc/gcc'
make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/root/mygccsrc/tmp-gcc'

Is there anybody that can tell me what I am doing wrong?
And most of all, can anybody tell me what I have to do to make it
right?
Thanks in advance to every possible helper!

 	Igor.
BlueWind                Electronic Design
I-31033 Castelfranco Veneto (TREVISO)
Via Steffani 7/B
VOICE   +39 0 423 723431
FAX     +39 0 423 744738
MOBILE  +39 349 7787328

mailto:igor@bluewind.it
http://www.bluewind.it

* Re: Problem building gcc for arm
@ 2000-11-09  7:57 ` Rod Stewart
From: Rod Stewart @ 2000-11-09  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Igor Trevisan; +Cc: crossgcc

On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Igor Trevisan wrote:

> I'm just following what I found in "How to configure, build, and install
> GCC as a cross compiler" to build a cross-compiler for an arm-elf
> target, with a i686-pc-linux host.
> Configuring, building and installing binutils doesn't give me any
> problem, but building gcc end with the following error:
>
> /bin/sh: arm-elf-ar: command not found
> _divsi3
> /bin/sh: arm-elf-ar: command not found
> _umodsi3
> /bin/sh: arm-elf-ar: command not found
> _modsi3
> /bin/sh: arm-elf-ar: command not found
> _dvmd_tls
> /bin/sh: arm-elf-ar: command not found

[...]

Find the program 'arm-elf-ar' which was built with binutils.  You
installed the arm binutils in /usr/cross-arm or something similar.  You
need to add the directory with 'arm-elf-ar' to your PATH.

-Rms

------

* Problem building gcc for arm
@ 2000-11-09  7:59 ` Doug Evans
From: Doug Evans @ 2000-11-09  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Igor Trevisan; +Cc: crossgcc

Igor Trevisan writes:
 > I'm just following what I found in "How to configure, build, and install
 > GCC as a cross compiler" to build a cross-compiler for an arm-elf
 > target, with a i686-pc-linux host.
 > Configuring, building and installing binutils doesn't give me any
 > problem, but building gcc end with the following error:
 >
 > /bin/sh: arm-elf-ar: command not found
 > _divsi3

Is the place where you installed binutils in your $PATH?

------

* Re: Problem building gcc for arm
@ 2000-11-09  8:02 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2000-11-09  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Igor Trevisan; +Cc: crossgcc

On Nov  9, 2000, "Igor Trevisan" <igor@bluewind.it> wrote:

> Configuring, building and installing binutils doesn't give me any
> problem, but building gcc end with the following error:

> /bin/sh: arm-elf-ar: command not found

Is arm-elf-ar, that should have been installed as part of the cross
binutils, in your PATH?