Hi folks, I'm pleased to announce that the today's upcoming release of the Cygwin library (version 2.5.2) introduces a license change. From 2.5.2 onwards, the Cygwin DLL is now available under the GNU LGPL v3, rather than the former GPLv3. The official Red Hat announcement: https://www.redhat.com/en/about/blog/cygwin-library-now-available-under-gnu-lesser-general-public-license This change not only allows us to drop the buyout license, it also allows us to drop the requirement for contributor's to sign a copyright assignment. I'll follow up later today with a description of the new procedure for contributions (easy!, but now I have to look for releaseing 2.5.2 first. Stay tuned. Peace, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat