* cygwin 3.3.0-1
@ 2021-10-28 11:31 Corinna Vinschen
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2021-10-28 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
IMPORTANT DEPRECATION NOTES
- Cygwin 3.3.0 is the LAST major version supporting
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2008
- Cygwin 3.3.0 is the LAST major version supporting 32 bit installations.
If you're using 32 bit Cygwin in WOW64 on 64 bit machines, consider
to move to a real 64 bit Cygwin installation in the next couple of
If you're using 32 bit Cygwin on real 32 bit hardware or on WOW64 on
ARM64, don't be alarmed. The current installations including all
Cygwin 3.3.x versions will continue to run on your system. You just
wont get any more updates starting with Cygwin 3.4.0.
- Cygwin 3.4.0, which will probably be release at some point in 2022,
will be the LAST version supporting
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows 8
- Windows Server 2012
There are no plans to deprecate support for 64 bit systems starting with
Windows 8.1 / Windows Server 2012 R2 any time soon.
- An IP-sampling profiler named 'profiler' has been added. It can be used
to profile any Cygwin program along with any DLLs loaded.
- A new tool 'gmondump' has been added. It can dump the raw information
of any "gmon.out" file created by profiler, ssp, or use of the gcc/g++
option '-pg'. (Continue using gprof to get symbolic profile displays.)
- New GNU-specific APIs, slated to become part of the next POSIX standard:
pthread_cond_clockwait, pthread_mutex_clocklock, pthread_rwlock_clockrdlock,
- New Solaris-specific APIs, slated to become part of the next POSIX standard:
- The speed argument to cfsetspeed(3) can now be a numerical baud rate
rather than a Bnnn constant, as on Linux.
- The internal implementation of pipes has been overhauled; this
should result in improved performance.
- Fix values returned by select(2) for shutdown sockets.
- Introduce a new hypotl(3) function not suffering unnecessary overflows.
- Fix path handling for paths spanning native symlinks.
- Fix tab position evaluation after console window resize.
- Fix a regression in pseudo console handling, resulting in rlwrap not
being able to start a new pseudo console.
- Handle two race conditions in pseudo console usage.
- Fix a bug in recognizing a successful completion of connect(2) on a
- Fix connect(2) when called with an address structure whose family is
AF_UNSPEC. As specified by POSIX and Linux, this is allowed on
datagram sockets, and its effect is to reset the socket's peer
- Fix nanosleep(2) returning negative rem. NtQueryTimer appears to be able to
return a negative remaining time (less than the timer resolution) for
- Fix getifaddrs(3) returning address family 0 or IPv4 address 0.
- Fix getaddrinfo(3) to return valid ai_socktype and ai_protocol values
if the underlying GetAddrInfoW screws up.
- Fix duplicate /proc/partitions entries and (presumably) duplicate PIDs
in ps(1) output.
- Fix pty master closing error regarding attach_mutex.
- Fix access violation that can sometimes occur when copy/pasting between
32-bit and 64-bit Cygwin environments. Align clipboard descriptor layouts.
- Fix a synchronization issue when running multiple threads from DLL
initialization which in turn call malloc.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-10-28 11:45 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-10-28 11:31 cygwin 3.3.0-1 Corinna Vinschen
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).