* cygwin 3.3.3-1 [with DEPRECATION NOTES]
@ 2021-12-03 16:48 Corinna Vinschen
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2021-12-03 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
IMPORTANT DEPRECATION NOTES
- Cygwin 3.3 is the LAST major version supporting
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2008
- Cygwin 3.3 is the LAST major version supporting 32 bit installations.
If you're using 32 bit Cygwin in WOW64 on 64 bit machines, consider
to move to a real 64 bit Cygwin installation in the next couple of
If you're using 32 bit Cygwin on real 32 bit hardware or on WOW64 on
ARM64, don't be alarmed. The current installations including all
Cygwin 3.3.x versions will continue to run on your system. You just
wont get any more updates starting with Cygwin 3.4.0.
- Cygwin 3.4, which will probably be release at some point in 2022,
will be the LAST version supporting
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows 8
- Windows Server 2012
There are no plans to deprecate support for 64 bit systems starting with
Windows 8.1 / Windows Server 2012 R2 any time soon.
- Fix issue that new pipe code doesn't handle size zero pipe which
may be created by non-cygwin apps.
- Make sure that "X:" paths are not handled as absolute DOS paths in
fstatat and other ...at calls. "X:/" still is handled as absolute
- Fix showing DLL version info from native Windows tools.
- Handle Unicode surrogate pairs in console. Cygwin console does not
handle surrogate pairs correctly at the moment. Fix issue that
running bash in Windows Terminal and inserting an emoji does not
work as expected.
- Fix long-standing problem that fchmod or facl on newly created files
screw up the DOS file attributes.
- Fix issue that pipe read()/write() occasionally returns a garbage
length when NtReadFile/NtWriteFile returns STATUS_PENDING in non-
- Fix two bugs in raise(2).
- Fix regression in printf introduced with Cygwin 3.3.2.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-12-03 16:48 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-12-03 16:48 cygwin 3.3.3-1 [with DEPRECATION NOTES] Corinna Vinschen
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).