* Updated: cpuid 20211129
@ 2021-12-05 6:45 Brian Inglis
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Brian Inglis @ 2021-12-05 6:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: Cygwin Announcements
The following package has been upgraded in the Cygwin distribution:
* cpuid 20211129
The program displays detailed information about the CPU(s) gathered from
the CPUID instruction, and also determines the exact model of CPU(s).
Whereas /proc/cpuinfo is like an abstract of the features important to
Linux in a system, cpuid is a standalone utility which writes a paper
expounding on every feature in each CPU's architecture and what it can
do, at about the one line per bit level.
It is updated and released frequently to stay current with Intel and
AMD information and supports other vendors' chips.
See the project home page for more information:
For information about changes since the previous Cygwin release,
see below or /usr/share/doc/cpuid/ChangeLog after installation.
* From AMD Programmer's Manual, Vol 3, Rev 3.33, Appendix E:
* Added 0x80000008/ebx CPU prefers: IBRS always on.
* Renamed 0x80000008/ebx CPU prefers: STIBP always on.
* Renamed 0x80000008/ebx INVLPGB supports TLB flush guest nested.
* Added 0x8000001f/eax Secure TSC supported, VMSA register protection.
* Added 0x80000021/eax upper address ignore support, SMM_CTL MSR not supported
* Added 0x80000021/ebx, 0x80000022/ebx.
* Correct (uarch synth) phys for Intel Cascade Lake, Cooper Lake to 14nm++.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-12-05 6:47 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-12-05 6:45 Updated: cpuid 20211129 Brian Inglis
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).