* Updated: cpuid 20211210
@ 2021-12-12 4:24 Cygwin cpuid Maintainer
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Cygwin cpuid Maintainer @ 2021-12-12 4:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: Cygwin Announcements
The following package has been upgraded in the Cygwin distribution:
* cpuid 20211210
The program displays detailed information about the CPU(s) gathered from
the CPUID instruction, and also determines the exact model of CPU(s).
Whereas /proc/cpuinfo is like an abstract of the features important to
Linux in a system, cpuid is a standalone utility which writes a paper
expounding on every feature in each CPU's architecture and what it can
do, at about the one line per bit level.
It is updated and released frequently to stay current with Intel and
AMD information and supports other vendors' chips.
See the project home page for more information:
For information about changes since the previous Cygwin release,
see below or /usr/share/doc/cpuid/ChangeLog after installation.
* Reorganized loop over 0x12 subleaves in do_real(). The old code
assumed validity was at least partially determined by a bitmask in
subleaf 0 (like for leaf 0x10), but that was wrong.
* Added code for 0x12/(n>=2) subleaves to show invalid cases as such,
instead of resorting to a raw dump.
* Fixed missing loop over 0x1b subleaves in do_real(). This might become
necessary if more target identifiers are added.
* Added print_1b_n_target() to decode the MKTME target identifier.
* Modified leaf 4 subleaf loop to include the terminating "no more
* caches" subleaf. Modified print_reg() to abbreviate "no more caches"
* Cleaned up loops for leaves 7, 0x14, 0x17, 0x18, 0x1d, 0x20 subleaves:
max_tries (from subleaf 0) is available before the loop starts.
* Modified leaf 0xb subleaf loop to exit for the right reason, level
type == 0. Also, it includes the terminating "invalid" subleaf. The
similiar 0x1f leaf already did this.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-12-12 4:26 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-12-12 4:24 Updated: cpuid 20211210 Cygwin cpuid Maintainer
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).