* cygwin 3.3.5-1
@ 2022-05-13 12:32 Corinna Vinschen
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2022-05-13 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
IMPORTANT DEPRECATION NOTES
- Cygwin 3.3 is the LAST major version supporting
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2008
- Cygwin 3.3 is the LAST major version supporting 32 bit installations.
If you're using 32 bit Cygwin in WOW64 on 64 bit machines, consider
to move to a real 64 bit Cygwin installation in the next couple of
If you're using 32 bit Cygwin on real 32 bit hardware or on WOW64 on
ARM64, don't be alarmed. The current installations including all
Cygwin 3.3.x versions will continue to run on your system. You just
wont get any more updates starting with Cygwin 3.4.0.
- Cygwin 3.4, which will probably be release at some point in late 2022,
will be the LAST version supporting
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows 8
- Windows Server 2012
There are no plans to deprecate support for 64 bit systems starting with
Windows 8.1 / Windows Server 2012 R2 any time soon.
- Fix a bug that accessing UNC path mounted to a drive letter using
SMB3.11 fails with error "Too many levels of symbolic links.".
- Fix a console bug that escape sequence IL/DL (CSI Ps L, CSI Ps M)
does not work correctly at the last line.
- Fix a problem that ENABLE_INSERT_MODE and ENABLE_QUICK_EDIT_MODE
flags are cleared if cygwin is started in console.
- Fix an issue that cmd.exe also is terminated along with the cygwin
app started from the cmd.exe if the cygwin app is terminated by
- Fix deadlock caused when keys are typed in pty while a lot of text
- Fix a problem that the console mode for input is not set correctly
when non-cygwin app is started with stdin redirected.
- Fix some problems such as:
1) If output of non-cygwin app and input of cygwin app are connected
by a pipe, Ctrl-C has to be sent twice to stop apps when the
cygwin app does not read stdin at the moment.
2) In cmd.exe started from cygwin shell, if output of non-cygwin
app and input of cygwin app are connected by a pipe, Ctrl-C
can never terminate the apps.
- Fix exit code when non-cygwin app is terminated by Ctrl-C.
- Fix a bug that the order of the console key inputs are occasionally
swapped, especially when CPU load is high.
- Fix a problem that fsync() flushes the console input buffer unlike
linux. fsync() should return EINVAL for special files such as tty.
- Fix a formatting problem in gmondump where all displayed addresses are
mistakenly prefixed with "0x0x". Fix man pages for gmondump and ssp.
- Fix crash on pty master close in Windows 7.
- Avoid deadlock of non-cygwin pipe writer which occurs when the other
cygwin pipe writers exist if the pipe is created by system account
or the pipe creator is running as service.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-05-13 12:37 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2022-05-13 12:32 cygwin 3.3.5-1 Corinna Vinschen
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).