public inbox for cygwin-announce@cygwin.com
* [HEADSUP] Phasing out old Windows versions and 32 bit support
@ 2021-10-27  8:57 Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2021-10-27  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-announce

[I sent this announcement to the Cygwin mailing list accidentally.
 Now sending it to cygwin-announce, too, to reach more people.  Please
 reply on the cygwin mailing list if you have any concerns or comments]

Hi folks,

The upcoming version 3.3.0 is the last version officially supporting
Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008.

The next major release 3.4.0 will be released in 2022 and will be the
last one officially supporting Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008
R2, and Windows Server 2012.

We're also planning to drop Support for the 32 bit release of Cygwin in
2022, thus Cygwin 3.4.0 won't come in 32 bit anymore, and the package
maintainers won't have to update 32 bit packages anymore.  If you're
still running Cygwin under WOW64, consider to move to 64 bit in the next
couple of months.

Corinna

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-10-27  8:57 UTC | newest]