public inbox for cygwin-announce@cygwin.com
* public-inbox for cygwin lists
@ 2022-08-25 11:03 Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2022-08-25 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-announce

Hi cygwin-hackers,

Given that cygwin is part of the sourceware family the mailinglists are
now also available through the public-inbox instance at
https://inbox.sourceware.org/

In particular:

https://inbox.sourceware.org/cygwin
https://inbox.sourceware.org/cygwin-announce
https://inbox.sourceware.org/cygwin-apps
https://inbox.sourceware.org/cygwin-developers
https://inbox.sourceware.org/cygwin-patches

There are also archives of some older not used anymore lists in case
people are interested in some history (we are aware that some of these
older lists contain spam, we will try to remove that).

Note that you can now mirror these mailinglists through git (see the
mirror instructions on each list), there is an atom link to follow the
lists, you can download mboxes of search results and there are read-
only nntp news and imap archives of each list (in the inbox.cygwin.*
hierarchy).

To handle patches you might want to look at b4 or piem for emacs:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/b4/b4.git
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/b4/b4.git/tree/man/b4.5.rst
https://git.kyleam.com/piem
https://docs.kyleam.com/piem.html

You will want the following in your .git/config:

[b4]
    midmask = https://inbox.sourceware.org/cygwin-patches/%s
    linkmask = https://inbox.sourceware.org.org/cygwin-patches/%s

There are currently some known issues:

- Message-IDs can contain slashes ('/') which are sometimes
  encoded as %2F. If you got an URL with "%2F" in the path change
  it to an actual '/' character to workaround it
  (which doesn't work if the Message-ID ends with a /).
  We are looking to see if we can get the slash handling more
  consistent.

- HTML emails aren't accepted. Even if the list would strip the
  text/html part. Please don't sent HTML email. We are looking
  at stripping the HTML part and only importing the text/plain
  part into public-inbox.

Your friendly sourceware overseers team (with special thanks to Simon
Marchi for showing how to setup public-inbox and to Frank Eigler for
making sure the sourceware infrastructure was ready).

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-08-25 11:03 UTC | newest]